Women-owned small businesses (WOSBs) are increasing in number, range, diversity and earning power. As women business owners expand their companies, they contribute to the growth of our national economy and defense.
Come hear first hand from our panel of successful WOSBs, Buyers and Agencies about what it takes to sell to the government.
- Women Business Owners
- Government Agencies, Large Prime Contractors and Resources
- Harris Corporation, Communication Systems
- Harris Corporation, Space & Intelligence Systems
- The Entrepreneurs Network
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
What you'll learn:
- Advice and Tips
- Certification Information - Federal and NYS State
Additional Presenters Include:
- Monroe County Executive Cheryl Dinolfo - Introductory Remarks
- Sarah Clark, Deputy State Director, US Senator Kirsten Gillibrand
- Virginia Smith, Rochester Branch Manager, US Small Business Administration
- Anna Vulaj Fitzsimmons, MCFL PTAC Program Director
Date: Friday, March 8, 2019
Time: 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Location: International Arrivals Hall, Greater Rochester International Airport, 1200 Brooks Ave, Rochester, NY 14624
Register: Click here to register!
Cost: No fee to attend.
Anna Vulaj Fitzsimmons
MCFL PTAC Program Director
Did you know... Federal Contract Program Workshop
About: The Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) Federal Contract program authorizes contracting officers to set aside certain federal contracts for eligible:
- Women-owned small businesses (WOSBs) or
- Economically disadvantaged women-owned small businesses (EDWOSBs)
- Allows for Sole Sourcing