Monroe County Finger Lakes PTAC is growing its portfolio of resources to help businesses sell to the government and military. Here are a few basics to get started. Monroe County Finger Lakes PTAC provides more resources after you have attended a workshop or scheduled a one-on-one session, such as opportunities for federal subcontracting, government agency contacts, print materials and websites.
- DoD Cyber Security Updates and Training: Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) Clause 252.204-7012, Safeguarding Covered Defense Information and Cyber Incident Reporting, was published as a final rule Oct. 21, 2016.
- Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR): *The basic contracting rules for all federal government agencies are set forth here.
- DoD FAR Supplement (DFARS): *Additional rules unique to DoD are set forth here.
- National Stock Numbers (NSN): If you know what FSC (Federal Supply Code) your item falls under, you can find an NSN for it here.
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR): All manufacturers, exporters, and brokers of defense articles, defense services, or related technical data, as defined on the United States Munitions List (Part 121 of the ITAR) , are required to register with Directorate of Defense Trade Controls.
*These publications can also be reviewed at any DoD purchasing or contract administration office, at any Small Business Administration (SBA) office, and at many local libraries (where they are known as Chapters 1 and 2 of Title 48 of the Code of Federal Regulations). To be a successful Defense contractor, you must have a working knowledge of these regulations.